organic food, organic products, organic farms, food sector
Objectives of the Programme for Organic Production 2030:
1. Growth in consumer demand for organic products – their market share to 5% by 2030. Consumer demand, export and production of organic production must be increased in a balanced way.
2. More organic products used in professional kitchens. The National Public Procurement Strategy sets the target for the use of organic products in professional kitchens at 25% by 2030.
3. Higher degree of processing of organic foods. Growth in the demand for organic products depends directly on raising the degree of processing and bringing new products to the market.
4. Finland a major exporter of organic products. To promote exports, products suitable for each market area must be developed and the degree of processing raised.
5. Growth in the production. Production must respond to the growing demand by producing enough organic products to the market.
6. Growth in the organic picking area. There is great demand for Finnish natural products and opportunities for growth especially in the export market.
7. Introduction of organic aquaculture. There is demand for organic fish.
8. Increased expertise in and information on organic production. Farm Business Competence Network AgriHub will be used to develop the expertise of farms and the whole chain. The Research Strategy of the Organic Research Institute 2021–2024 was published in the beginning of 2021.
9. Legislation and control. New EU and national legislation on organic production will enter into force in the beginning of 2022. The Finnish Food Authority will prepare new guidelines
for the control.